Interactive Presentation & Discussion
“Do Nebraska’s State Senators
Deserve Raises & a Third Term in Office?”
Election Day is nearly upon us, but there’s still time to discuss the issues with others, get more information before casting your vote, and even to share information with interested family and friends.
For the past several years, our efforts have increasingly focused on researching and analyzing legislation and the workings of the Nebraska Unicameral. Our State Senators' votes to place the Proposed Constitutional Amendments to increase their salaries and extend their terms on statewide ballots are interesting and worthy of discussion by voters before Election Day.
- How Nebraska government, particularly our State Legislature, the Unicameral operates
- The state budget and how our legislators spend taxpayer dollars
- Key issues and votes
- Incumbent State Senators who are up for re-election
We hope you will join us for an enjoyable and hopefully, informative session.
Choose from TWO dates, whichever is more convenient -
Sunday, October 28, 2012
4:30 p.m. - 6:10 p.m.*
Thursday, November 1, 2012
6:30 p.m. - 8:10 p.m.*
Where: 3550 N. 75th St., Lincoln
To allow us to prepare for the appropriate number of people, please RSVP, using the form provided at the bottom of this page.
*Our presentation will take 90 minutes. We assume some people may have a bit more time and wish to visit informally afterwards for a bit.
Whenever we have any kind of get together, people often offer help. If you're interested in lending a hand, here are a few ideas:
1. We could use some additional folding chairs - if you are planning on attending and could bring some, please let us know how many you can bring when you contact us to RSVP - thanks!
This only takes a few minutes...
2. Spread the word - there are "share" buttons at the bottom of this article which allow you to print, forward by email, share on Facebook, Tweet, etc. OR print and hand out a few flyers! Click HERE to download and print from Scribd or HERE to download directly from our website.
And if you have a little more time...
3. Do a little investigatory leg work about your State Senator and bring the information with you - we have revamped our Nebraska Unicameral page recently, to include basic information about how to find your State Senator, and tips for researching their record.
Important note if you attempted to RSVP before Sunday, October 21: Note that some spam-blocking software we installed was causing problems (now fixed) and was preventing people from sending messages to us. If you attempted to RSVP before Sunday, October 21, we apologize for the inconvenience - everything appears to be working now.